IPC SDK for Android encapsulates the APIs to communicate with remote IP cameras (IPCs) and accelerates app development.
The SDK supports the following features:
- Preview live video images collected by an IPC.
- Play back video footage stored on an SD card.
- Record live videos from an IPC by using the app.
- Play audio from an IPC and talk to the IPC.
- Send and receive IPC data point (DP) data.
- Store video footage in the cloud.
- Implement detection alerts.
The following list shows common features of IPCs in smart life scenarios. The features of each IPC can vary depending on different manufacturers.
- Device pairing
- Wi-Fi Easy Connect (EZ), also known as the SmartConfig mode
- Access point (AP) mode, also known as the hotspot mode
- Device pairing in QR code mode
- Video services through peer-to-peer (P2P) connections
- Live video streaming
- SD card-stored video playback
- Raw stream data
- Low power doorbell
- Battery management
- Sleep mode and wake-up
- Doorbell call
- Video cloud storage
- Subscription to cloud storage for videos
- Event-based cloud storage
- Cloud-stored video playback
- Alert list
- Audio and video message playback
- PTZ control
- SD card management
- Detection alerts
- Other capabilities