Based on community services, smart community SaaS capabilities update basic information of the community in real time, and build unified community management databases with households (people) as the core. Houses, addresses, vehicles, relationships, and other details are linked by household in the databases.
- Newly-built communities and renovation projects of old communities.
- Community managers can leverage the data of personnel, projects, and spaces. This will boost the efficiency of building multiple applications.
Capabilities and features
- Manage the basic data of communities.
- Manage the data of projects, spaces, and assets.
- Manage multi-dimensional data of residents.
- Build comprehensive models of organizations, households, and spaces, and grant permissions to different service roles to achieve precision community management.
Note: Among the general capabilities, user management capabilities are under development. Stay tuned.
The smart community SaaS provides a wealth of APIs. For more information, see Smart Community APIs.
- Project management: A project is a basis to call all API operations and create resources. The data, including devices, faces, and traffic records, is linked with projects.
- Project authorization: The platform issues a set of authorization keys for each project, including
App Key and
App Secret. Multiple projects can be created and managed through the authorization key.
- Space management: All areas are spaces under the community. Space types include area, building, unit, parking area, lane space, and more.
- House management: As a related unit of people and households, house management is related to space. House assets include parking spaces, garages, storage rooms, and more.
- Resident management: The relationship between the people and the house is bound. That is, one consumer is associated with a specified house and resident type.
- Organization management: An organization is a tree structure for a company to manage employees. Each organization contains two parts: the company and organization nodes. Each node can mount sub-nodes and employees.
- Personnel management: Personnel is composed of a unified ID, name, mobile phone number, and account role type. Each employee must be affiliated with an organization, and have a unique mobile phone number.