This topic describes the IPC Development Framework atop the TuyaOS system architecture. It enables IPC development across chip platforms and operating systems, with flexible compilation systems and rich features. This framework has been extensively verified to build multiple IPC product variants.
IPC Development Framework, an IPC-specific development kit derived from the TuyaOS system architecture, provides essential IPC capabilities and services, including the operating system, audio/video drivers and codecs, streaming and control, recording storage and playback, and event alerts.
Built on proven technologies, IPC Development Framework supports product development kits for over 20 systems on a chip (SoC), 30 sensors, and 10 Wi-Fi devices.
The framework is compatible with various chip platforms, operating systems, and video specifications. This allows different types of camera products such as IPCs, network video recorders (NVRs), and other variants to connect to the Tuya IoT Development Platform.
- Indoor fixed IPC
- Indoor pan-tilt IPC
- Outdoor bullet IPC
- Outdoor PTZ IPC
- Floodlight camera
- Peephole camera
- Outdoor low power IPC
- Outdoor video doorbell
- Dual-lens camera
- Dash cam
- Camera lock
- Smart access control
- Cross-platform: TuyaOS Kernel Layer (TKL) API makes it easy to port your software to another chip platform or operating system.
- Low-code: Service APIs allow you to build applications simply by modifying product configurations or calling APIs, without taking care of specific implementations.
- Modular architecture: A modular build system allows you to easily adapt to the target platforms and compile the firmware.
- Flexible: Tailor and scale as needed to create unique use cases and differentiated products.
- Stable: Technologies have been thoroughly verified on various chip platforms and product types.
- Feature rich: Fast pairing, end-to-end live streaming, local storage and playback, cloud storage, event alerts, doorbell call, streaming to Echo Show and Chromecast, and cloud AI.
- Interconnection: With the unified TuyaOS data point (DP) device model, devices across protocols can talk to each other over the internet or LAN.
- Security and compliance: Secure data storage, identity authentication, and secure connection and communication are supported. Network access and data processing comply with the local regulations applicable to the protection of personal data, helping you roll out products globally.
Support and help
If you have any problems with TuyaOS development, you can post your questions in the Tuya Developer Forum.