In the TuyaOS system, a networked product refers to a device that can be directly connected to the internet and independently operated.
Smart devices connected over Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or Wi-Fi and Bluetooth combo, for example, electrical devices, lights, sensors, home appliances, health devices, pet care devices, and door locks.
- Gateway and central control: Typically, these devices are used to manage the sub-devices that are connected to them.
- Smart devices connected over Zigbee, Bluetooth, Thread, or Sub-1 GHz: These devices are indirectly connected to the internet through gateways and mobile apps.
- IPC or NVR devices: An independent development framework is provided to develop these devices.
- Cellular devices: An independent development framework is provided to develop these devices.
- Cross-platform: TuyaOS Kernel Layer (TKL) API tackles the heterogeneity of platforms, systems, and protocols, enabling you to develop once and deploy across platforms.
- Low-code: Unified business and driver frameworks allow you to focus on building applications without taking care of specific implementations. Various reference applications let you quickly implement device connectivity by editing the sample code.
- Low-footprint: Implement various features with constrained resources thanks to the high flash utilization backed by proprietary OTA technology. This makes it possible to achieve TuyaOS and Matter combo solutions on a system with 2 MB Flash and 256 KB RAM.
- Feature-rich components: A host of components covers basic services, security, networking middleware, and various IoT services, which can basically address all aspects of your IoT product. You can integrate with the Tuya ecosystem, Tuya-based mobile apps, and cloud services.
- Stable and reliable:
Powered by Tuya device shipments are over 100 million each year, presenting the stability of TuyaOS Networked Product Development Framework.
- Interconnection: With the unified TuyaOS data point (DP) device model, devices can discover and talk to each other over internet or LAN and thus achieve cloud or LAN based automation.
- Security and compliance: Considering security and costs, different security levels are available to choose from based on your case. Secure data storage, identity authentication, and secure connection and communication are supported. Network access and data processing complies with the local regulations applicable to the protection of personal data, helping you roll out products globally.
Build electrical products, lighting products, home appliances, sensors, remote controls, outdoor products, door locks, gateways, and beyond.
Support and help
If you have any problems with TuyaOS development, you can post your questions in the Tuya Developer Forum.