This topic describes how to authorize self-developed products or customer’s products to upstream factories and the management after authorization.
You can authorize self-developed products or customer’s products to one or more upstream factories for development assistance or purchase on the Tuya IoT Platform. The authorization includes development authorization and purchase authorization. You can authorize one or both. The authorizations can be modified, managed, and deleted.
- The brand owner to the OEM: The brand owner authorizes the PID to the OEM for purchasing only, retaining all the data to its own account.
- The manufacturer to the upstream factory: The manufacturer turns to the upstream factory to produce PCBA or semi-finished products and authorizes its customer’s products to the upstream factory for purchasing.
- The manufacturer works with the upstream factory for joint development: The manufacturer authorizes the upstream factory to develop the products together.
New authorization to partners
- Log in to the Tuya IoT Platform.
- In the top right corner of the page, enter My Space > Authorization > Authorize Partner > New Authorization.
- On the page of New Authorization, enter the account and name of the partner.
- In the Select Authorize Type (Multiple Choices) area, select the authorization type.
- Authorize develop: The authorized account can develop and manage the authorized products in Tuya IoT platform > Product > IoTOS > Development.
- Authorize Purchase: In Tuya IoT platform > Purchase, the authorized account can place purchase orders for the authorized products in the name of itself.
- Both selected: The account is authorized to develop and purchase.
- The authorized product shall be reselected if the authorization type is changed.
- Customer’s products cannot be selected before selecting the authorization type.
- In the My Product and Customer’s Products area, click to select the target product.
- Customer’s products include the product by the OEM, the customized OEM products, and the authorized product from partners.
- Customer’s products are available in the collaboration between multi-level partners. The products authorized to you from other partners can be authorized to another partner from you.
- If Authorize develop is selected in the previous step, the products authorized for development rather than the products authorized for purchase can be seen in the Customer’s Products, and vice versa.
- Click Done.
Modify the authorization
When the authorization is completed, you can check the authorization information including the account and name of the authorized partner, the number of authorized products, and updating dates in My Space > Authorization > Authorize Partner in the top right corner of the page. You can quickly search for specific authorization by the partner account or the product ID (PID) of an authorized product in the search box.
Manage the PIDs of the authorized products
In My Space > Authorization > Authorize Partner, click Management in the Operation list to manage the authorized products of the authorized partners, including adding and deleting authorized products.
Delete authorized partners
You can delete the authorized partner after removing all the corresponding authorized products.
- In My Space > Authorization > Authorize Partner, click Management in the Operation list.
- In the Selected area, cancel the authorized products and click Done.Return to the Authorize Partner page.
- Select a target partner, click Delete in the Operation list.
- Authorize develop: In Tuya IoT platform > Product > IoTOS > Development, the authorized account can develop and manage the authorized products, including product overview, product development process, firmware updates, push notifications, pairing information, quick toggle, scene linkage, operation log, replacing the cloud module, and voice capability.
- Authorize Purchase: In Tuya IoT platform > Purchase, the authorized account can filter the PIDs of the authorized products and click to purchase.
Answers to FAQs