The Tuya Sandwich Wi-Fi MCU communication board (WB3S) helps you quickly implement various smart hardware prototypes. You can use it with other functional circuit modules or circuit boards to implement corresponding functions.
- The Tuya Sandwich Wi-Fi MCU communication board (WB3S) applies to many product prototypes developed by Tuya IoT custom solutions, including lighting, desk lamps, filament lamps, light modulators, lighting remote controls, power strips, switches, home appliances, exercise and health, and sensors.
- You also can implement diversified smart hardware demos with this evaluation board.
- The common scenarios of the Tuya Sandwich Wi-Fi MCU communication board (WB3S) are as follows:
- If you are an embedded systems engineer, you can use this board to perform preliminary embedded programming and debugging.
- If you are an app developer, you can use this board to develop and debug apps.
- If you are a maker, you can use this board to quickly implement hardware demos and device control with the mobile phone.
- If you are an enthusiast of IoT technology, you can use this board to learn about the Wi-Fi control principle and smart device development.
Introduction to key components
The Tuya Sandwich Wi-Fi MCU communication board (WB3S) adopts the high-performance Wi-Fi module WB3S developed by Tuya Smart. The development board consists of Wi-Fi module WB3S, UART interface, and power supply. For more information, see WB3S Module Datasheet.
I/O ports and function definitions
- CN5: used for firmware programming and updating.
- LED indicator LED2: 3V3 power indicator.
- CN18: logging port.
- Other GPIO ports: serial port and power port.
|3.3V power input pin
|User serial port that transmits data
|User serial port that receives data
Schematic diagram and PCB
Things to note
- The development board in this solution must be used with a power board.
- The development board in this solution only supports 3.3V power input, and the supply current is not less than 400mA.